The Child and Adolescent Inpatient Unit (CAPIS) also provides short-term stabilization for children and youth, up to the age of 17 years, who require intensive support to facilitate their transition from inpatient care to outpatient care.
- Interprofessional assessments including psychiatric, medical, behavioural, educational, social and family
- Optimal stabilization, treatment and recovery in a safe environment
- Groups, life skills training, and behavioural therapy
- Academic programming in partnership with the Halton District School Board
- Ongoing support to assist with the transition back to the community
Children and youth up to the age of 17 years of age who are transitioning from the CAPIS inpatient unit to outpatient care.
How to Access This Service
Access to the CAPIS Day Hospital is based upon the assessment by the CAPIS inpatient team.