The Rapid Access Clinic (RAC) helps patients 18 and older living with hip or knee pain and provides timely access to Advanced Practice Practitioners (APPs) for an assessment and/or treatment plan. If you are in hip or knee pain, stop waiting and speak to your primary care provider or family doctor for a referral to the RAC.
To learn how the RAC can help you, click here to watch this short video.
The RAC is a partnership between Halton Healthcare, Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) and Trillium Health Partners. Through a coordinated intake process, these clinics offer patients experiencing hip and knee pain, timely access to assessment and a treatment plan that may include a surgical consult.
Patients must be referred to the Rapid Access Clinic by their primary care provider (family doctor or nurse practitioner).
Within four (4) weeks, patients are assessed by a specially-trained therapist called an Advance Practice Provider (Regulated Healthcare Professional with advanced training in orthodpaedic care) . The assessment will take around 45 minutes and patients are provided with an individualized care) plan including:
- Education and recommendations for non-surgical treatment, such as changes to physical activity and rehabilitation services, so patients can confidently manage their care
- A referral to a surgeon for a surgical consultation based on the patient’s choice of preferred surgeon, hospital, or next available appointment
We are open and offer in-person or virtual appointments and all our clinics follow strict COVID-19 safety protocols. Please bring or have access to the following for your appointment:
- Recent x-ray images (within the last 6 months)
- List of current Medications
- Valid OHIP card
- Comfortable pair of shorts and shoes
For more information you can also visit www.mhcentralintake.com/HipsKnees
FOR PHYSICIANS - Click here to download the Hip & Knee Rapid Access Referral form.
For referral inquiries call: 905-338-2983 x4912
Hip & Knee Rapid Access Clinic call: 905-845-2571 x4008