The Prenatal services at all three hospitals assess expectant mothers prior to the onset of labour. Prenatal ultrasounds and non-stress tests are common procedures that may be carried out.
Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital - Online Tour
Learn important information online regarding your care and stay in preparation for your maternity experience by watching our online prenatal tour.
Milton District Hospital - Online Tour
Learn important information regarding your care and stay in preparation for your maternity experience by calling to book a tour at (905) 878-2383, ext 7030 or watch the online prenatal tour.
A personalized tour of our Obstetric unit will provide you with information to help you prepare for the birth of your baby. Please call (905) 873-0111 ext 8245 to book your prenatal tour.
Pre-registration forms are given out at the doctor’s office or are available from the obstetrical units within each of our hospitals and need to be completed in preparation for your birth.
Completed registration forms can be given directly to the Admitting Department.
Milton District Hospital
Completed registration forms can be given directly to your doctor or the Admitting Department in the hospital. If you weren’t pre-registered through your doctor’s office, register by calling 905-878-2383 ext. 7017.
Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital
Pre-register as early as possible by completing the registration form and returning it to our Maternal Child Program in person. If you have any questions or additional information for your file, call the Maternal Child Admitting Desk at 905-338-4664.
What to bring to the Hospital
- Health card
- Insurance Information
- Medications you take regularly in labeled containers
- Nursing bras, pads, maternity underwear, slippers, housecoat, nightwear
- Toiletries including, soap, shampoo comb toothbrush, toothpaste
- Family doctor’s information who will follow your baby once they are born
- Pack of diapers, baby wipes/washcloth
- Sleeper and blanket
- Going home outfit
- Car seat meeting Canadian Motor Vehicle Standards (Learn more at www.tc.gc.ca )
For Dad/Support Person
- Overnight clothing/warm sweater
- List of phone numbers/contacts to notify
- Extra Snacks?