The overall purpose of Halton Healthcare’s energy management plan and policies is to promote good stewardship of our environment and community resources.
Ontario Regulation 397/11 of the Green Energy Act requires public agencies to report on energy and greenhouse gas emissions annually. Additionally, the regulation calls for demand management plans outlining energy conservation and demand management measures to be prepared every five years.
Energy reporting and conservation planning help us to:
- Better manage energy use and costs
- Identify best practices and energy-saving opportunities
- Find ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Evaluate results by comparing similar facilities across the province
- Provide a benchmark to set goals
- Measure improvement over time