Information about current outbreaks at our hospitals is available here.
Halton Healthcare understands the importance of families and loved ones in supporting patients. To offer increased support and flexibility, family members and visitors are now permitted to visit 24/7 based on the patient's preferences, wishes and their safety. We maintain a recommendation of no more than two visitors at a time for most patients.
Some exceptions apply, including:
- Georgetown Hospital: Visitors are limited to two per patient at a time due to the size of the patient rooms.
- Milton District Hospital: Complex Transitional Care & 2North Regional Units, visitors are limited to two per patient at a time due to the size of the patient rooms.
- Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital: Adult Mental Health and Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Inpatient Unit visiting hours are 5:00pm-7:00pm daily, plus 1:00pm-4:00pm on weekends & holidays.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days or have been told to self-isolate, we ask that you refrain from visiting the hospital.
- COVID-19 positive patients and those waiting for COVID-19 test results are not permitted visitors, unless their medical status changes significantly for the worse.
Information for Visitors
Visit our Visitor Information page for more details.
Everyone entering Halton Healthcare must wear a mask. If you arrive without a mask, we will provide an appropriate mask. If you arrive wearing a cloth or disposable mask from home, you may be provided with a fresh medical mask to wear instead. COVID-19 positive patients and those waiting for COVID-19 test results are not permitted visitors, unless their medical status changes significantly for the worse. Visiting restrictions may vary by unit/department based on the ability to ensure physical distancing in the area. Patients should speak with their nurse for more information.
- Clean hands frequently and avoid touching surfaces
- Stay in the patient’s room for the duration of their visit
- Use public, not patient washrooms
- Use designated dining areas/cafeterias and refrain from eating or drinking in the patient’s room or on the unit
- Remain in the area of the hospital that is particular to their visit
- Remain inside the hospital with patients
Friends and family may also visit patients using our Virtual Visiting program. Visit our Virtual Visiting page for more details.