Starting Wednesday, July 7, 2021, most inpatients will be permitted to have a single (1) visitor at a time during general visiting hours (11am-7pm). Mental Health visiting hours are 5pm-7pm. Patients will no longer be asked to identify designated visitors.
Visitors must coordinate their visits within the current visiting guidelines:
- Visitors will be required to check-in when they enter the hospital and check-out before they exit
- If a visitor does not check-out before they exit, the patient will not be allowed another visitor until it is confirmed that the previous visitor has left the hospital
- For your safety, visitors must wear a face mask at all times. Visitors who do not wear a mask may be asked to leave the hospital
COVID-19 positive patients and those waiting for COVID-19 test results are not permitted visitors, unless their medical status changes significantly for the worse. Visiting restrictions may vary by unit/department based on the ability to ensure physical distancing in the area. Patients should speak with their nurse for more information.
NOTE: Visitors to Georgetown Hospital and the Complex Transitional Care and 2 North Regional Unit at Milton District Hospital will be required to pre-schedule their visits due to physical limitations of these areas.
Important Information for Visitors:
Everyone is required to enter through a designated Visitor Entrance, participate in active screening and check in and check out.
- Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital – Level 1 Parking Garage Entrance
- Milton District Hospital – Maternal Newborn Entrance
- Georgetown Hospital – Main Entrance (ED Entrance for after-hours)
- wear a mask at all times
- clean hands frequently and avoid touching surfaces
- stay in the patient room for the duration of their visit
- use public, not patient washrooms
- not eat or drink in the patient’s room or on the unit
- not visit other areas of the building
- not take patients outside the hospital