Halton Healthcare understands the importance of families and loved ones in supporting patients. To offer increased support and flexibility, family members and visitors are now permitted to visit 24/7 based on the patient's preferences, wishes and their safety. We maintain a recommendation of no more than two visitors at a time for most patients.
Some exceptions apply, including:
- Georgetown Hospital: Visitors are limited to two per patient at a time due to the size of the patient rooms.
- Milton District Hospital: Complex Transitional Care & 2North Regional Units, visitors are limited to two per patient at a time due to the size of the patient rooms.
- Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital: Adult Mental Health and Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Inpatient Unit visiting hours are 5:00pm-7:00pm daily, plus 1:00pm-4:00pm on weekends & holidays.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days or have been told to self-isolate, we ask that you refrain from visiting the hospital.
- COVID-19 positive patients and those waiting for COVID-19 test results are not permitted visitors, unless their medical status changes significantly for the worse.
Information for Visitors
Visit our Visitor Information page for more details.
Patients and visitors have the choice to wear a face mask at Halton Healthcare facilities including the three hospitals – Georgetown Hospital, Milton District Hospital and Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital. Face mask dispensers are available at all main entrances for those who prefer to continue to wear one.
To ensure the safety of visitors, patients and our team members, those visiting a COVID-19 positive patient will be required to wear the same personal protection equipment (PPE) as the patient’s care team. Visitors are asked to please visit the nursing station before entering a COVID-19 positive patient’s room for more information.
Visiting restrictions may vary by unit/department based on the ability to ensure physical distancing in the area. Patients should speak with their nurse for more information.