This unit provides assessment, stabilization, and treatment for children and youth, up to the age of 17 years, experiencing acute mental health symptoms.
- Interprofessional assessments including psychiatric, medical, behavioural, educational, social and family
- Individualized treatment planning for each patient in collaboration with the patient and his/her caregivers
- Optimal stabilization, treatment and recovery in a safe environment
- Groups, life skills training, and behavioural therapy
- Academic programming in partnership with the Halton District School Board
- Recommendations for ongoing management and transition back to the community
Children and youth up to the age of 17 years of age experiencing acute symptoms of mental illness and who require a secure treatment setting.
How to Access This Service
Access to the inpatient unit is based upon the assessment by a Halton Healthcare psychiatrist and is based upon the need for acute stabilization and psychiatric care within a secure setting.
Useful Links & Resources