Halton Healthcare provides a range of primary and secondary medical inpatient care with over 300 medical beds across our three community hospitals.
Our multidisciplinary team includes support for Palliative Care and Social Work and Discharge Planning. Medical services are supported by diagnostic and therapeutic services within our hospitals. The medical services are focused on providing quality patient and family focused care. Halton Healthcare Referrals are made to medical tertiary centres for highly specialized tertiary care for procedures such as cardiac catheterization.
Patient Care Rounds
Patient Rounds are done regularly by your nurse and/or healthcare team. Routine Rounds include:
- Pain is assessed and managed.
- Personal care needs are met.
- Positioning techniques and mobility are used to promote comfort.
- Patient safety is addressed by identifying and reducing risk.
- Plan of care includes working together to establish patient centred goals.
The Halton Healthcare medical program provides services in the following specialties in at least one or more of our three Hospital locations: