- Identify a family member or friend who can help transport you home.
- Review your discharge information. If you have any questions or concerns, talk to your nurse before you leave.
- Fill prescriptions for medications. For your convenience, there is a pharmacy in the main lobby at OTMH
Need Help Going Home?
If you need help, please talk to your nurse. There are a number of community-based services that may be able to help transport and transition patients home, for a nominal fee. Talk to your nurse before discharge.
Please take all belongings with you when you are discharged. The hospital does not assume responsibility for any of your personal items.
Additional Charges and Payment
Most patients will be covered by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP), which pays for essential healthcare services. However, you are responsible for any charges you incur while in hospital, which are not covered by your health insurance. This includes but is not limited to preferred accommodation (private and semi-private rooms), telephone, television rental and items such as crutches, aerochambers and fibreglass casts.
Payment can be made by recognized credit cards, cash or cheque at the following locations at our hospitals:
- Georgetown Hospital Admitting Department.
- Milton Hospital Admitting Department.
- Oakville Hospital Cashier at the Information Desk in the Main Lobby.
If you are discharged after business hours, the hospital will mail you a bill.
Waiting for a Ride?
Discharged patients may wait for their ride home in the hospital lobby, cafeteria or the unit lounge.
Designated Patient Pick-up Area
There are designated patient pick-up and drop-off areas at each hospital site. Please contact the patient care unit for more information about where to pick-up patients.
By the order of the Ontario Fire Code, parking is not permitted in the front circular driveway at our hospitals. Cars left in these areas may be ticketed by the Municipal Parking Services as they are designated Fire Routes. Please obey all signage and ask staff or security for clarification.