Visitor COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Most visitors aged 12 years and over are required to provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 along with identification that includes their name and birth date.
What you will need to enter the hospital:
*Proof of vaccination can be provided using a paper or electronic receipt. Vaccine certificates for Ontario residents who received their vaccination in Ontario are available at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/get-proof/
Some exceptions apply, including:
- Children under the age of 12 years
- Someone accompanying an Emergency Department patient
- A support person accompanying a woman in labour
- Those visiting an immediate family member who is experiencing a life altering event (i.e., palliative, end of life/imminent death within 24 hours, critical illness, major or unplanned surgery, life altering diagnosis)
- Providing care or support for a vulnerable patient
- A parent or guardian accompanying a paediatric (under 18 years old) patient
If you believe you qualify for an exception, please speak with the patient’s nurse or manager for the area.
What is the definition of fully vaccinated?
As defined by the Government of Ontario, individuals are considered fully vaccinated if they have received:
- the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines (two doses of Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca, including COVISHIELD) in any combination or one dose of Janssen (Johnson & Johnson); or
- One or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada; or
- Three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada; and
- They received their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before providing the proof of being fully vaccinated
I’m not fully vaccinated. Can I show proof of a negative COVID-19 test instead?
Halton Healthcare will not be accepting proof of negative PCR or rapid antigen tests in place of COVID-19 vaccination records for entry at our hospitals.