Emergency Department (ED) Safety During COVID-19
We are limiting visitors to prevent the spread of any respiratory illness, including COVID-19.
At this time, ONLY the patient is allowed to enter the Emergency Department. Exceptions include bringing a child (under 18 years old) and vulnerable persons into the ED.
Please note that if English is a second language, a language interpreter service will be used.
- Everyone entering the Emergency Department is required to wear a mask
- Masks must be worn at all times and should cover your nose and mouth
- Do not remove your mask unless asked to do so by a member of the health care team
For Your Safety
- Clean your hands frequently and avoid touching anything you don’t need to touch
- Do not eat or drink in the Emergency Department unless approved by the healthcare team so that you don’t need to take off your mask
- Do not leave the area that you are in, please stay in your room/area and refrain from wandering
- Use public washrooms, if they are available, instead of patient washrooms