Opportunities for Youth Volunteers May Include:
- Assisting staff on the nursing units.
- Acting as a companion to patients by reading to them, playing games and visiting.
- Delivering and collecting meal trays.
- Serving customers in the Gift Shop and at the Information Desk.
All Youth Volunteers must:
- Be at least fourteen years of age
- Be available to work at least one shift per week
- Complete a minimum of 50 hours before receiving written confirmation for the hours.
Youth volunteers must complete a minimum of 50 hours before receiving written confirmation of their hours.
Please note: If the youth volunteer program has a waiting list, your application will be kept in the order that it has been received and you will be contacted when a vacancy becomes available.
Our volunteers are active in more than 70 services throughout the hospital.