Opportunities for Youth Volunteers May Include:
- Assisting staff on the nursing units.
- Acting as a companion to patients by reading to them, playing games and visiting.
- Delivering and collecting meal trays.
- Serving customers in the Gift Shop and at the Information Desk.
All Youth Volunteers must:
- Be at least fourteen years of age
- Submit a completed volunteer application package, including reference letters and health surveillance
- Be available to work at least one shift per week
Youth volunteers must complete a minimum of 50 hours before receiving written confirmation of their hours.
The steps to becoming a volunteer include an application package, interview, orientation and training. Once your application is received, you will be contacted by the Coordinator, Volunteer Services for an interview. If the youth volunteer program has a waiting list, your application will be kept in the order that it has been received and you will be contacted when a vacancy becomes available.
Our volunteers are active in more than 70 services throughout the hospital.